Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, January 21, 2011

Bits and Pieces

The pukies have invaded our house.  Keira had them on Monday, which was thankfully a non-school day.  So she didn't have to miss a day.  Alex has them today, which, thanks to the 6 inches of snow and bitter cold temperatures, is a snow day ... no school.  At this rate, they'll still be in school come July.  :)  


Just wondering if we are done with the pukies now or if not, who will be next.  :(
~~~~~
I was glad that Doug is on afternoon shift for this bout of snow.  That way he could be out there shoveling the driveway instead of me.  Except that he only did about half and asked me if I could finish it.  Yeah, sure.  Ugh.  So around 3:00 the sun was shining beautifully and Honey and I headed out to shovel.  Well, I shoveled.  She ate snow.




It took a good 10 minutes or so for my fingers to stop freezing, even with two pairs of gloves on.  Then I seemed to have found my groove and actually worked up a sweat.  This is a good thing since I only got to the gym once this week.


While I was shoveling I noticed someone plowing the lady's driveway across the road.  He has a plow attached to his quad.  I kept hoping he'd come over and offer to finish mine.  Didn't happen.


I also saw someone plowing my next door neighbor's driveway in his truck.  Again, no offer to help with mine.  Bummer.  I guess I was meant to burn a few extra calories today.
~~~~~
When I came in, Alex asked me if I would take a nap with him.  Um, HELLO!  Sure!  I love to take naps.  I just don't get to very often.  And in fact, I didn't really get to today.  Alex fell asleep right away.  I just started to doze off when I heard Nicholas slamming doors downstairs.  Awake.  Then I pretty much just laid there until Alex decided it was time for us to get up.


He had gone about 2 hours without vomiting and asked me for a cup of tea.  I made it for him and 5 minutes later, he was puking again.  Okay, not such a good idea.  I feel really bad for him because he wants a drink so badly and I will only let him take little sips of water.  If the water hasn't come back up after about 15 minutes, I let him have another.  Poor guy.


Tomorrow is his first soccer game, which we will be missing.  Even if he feels better tomorrow, I still won't take him so soon after being sick.  He's disappointed about that.  And so am I.  Doug was actually going to be able to watch this game.
~~~~~
A week or so ago Doug had mentioned that he might have to work afternoon shift on February 6.  That is his weekend off.  He only gets one weekend off a month, so I was a bit upset that he might have to work.  Especially when I found out the reason.  His co-worker wanted to take the day off to watch the Super Bowl.  WHAT?!  I told Doug to tell him to shove it.  But I guess the boss was not going to make Doug work on his weekend off.  Whew!  Now I don't need to flip out.  :)
~~~~~
We got a letter today from the local Symphony Association that Keira has been selected to be recognized as a Young Musician of Note in our county.  She and her parents (that's us!) are invited to a night at the Symphony where she will be recognized on stage during the concert.  This is so cool!  Doug has been talking about buying tickets for a concert so that he could take her on a father/daughter date.


For those of you that are new here, she plays the violin.  She started in fourth grade and I wasn't sure she would stick with it.  But she is in sixth grade now and not only has she stuck with it, she plans to continue throughout high school.


~~~~~
Honey is laying outside my scrapbook room snoring very loudly while I type this.  :)
~~~~~
It is supposed to be even colder tomorrow, so since we're not going to watch a soccer game, I plan to stay in my sweats all day.  And hopefully do a whole lot of nothing.  Play games with the kids who probably won't be outside enjoying the snow because of the cold, reading, and just relaxing.  And hoping that Alex feels better.  As much as I love to snuggle with him, I get restless pretty quickly.


And Sunday we will be going to church, then just waiting impatiently for the Steelers/Jets game to start at 6:30.  Here's hoping the Steelers make it to another Super Bowl!


Have a great weekend all!

5 comments:

Mrs. Frogster said...

Aww so sorry about all the sickness! We have been struggling with that here too and I am so done with it!
Congrats to Keira on her amazing music accomplishment! You must be very proud!

Melissa said...

That is so awesome about Kiera!!! :) Yay! I love young musicians (I love all musicians really) & i LOVE the violin. :)

Hope everyone is 100% well very soon!

Once again... i love Honey. :)

Natalie said...

Shot of the dog is priceless and beautiful! Sorry about being under the weather! hope things get better !

Photography said...

Oh yuk hope the sickness is all gone now! Take so much out of everyone :-( Too bad about the snow plows hey! How lovely your daughter has stuck with Violin, that is something I would love the kids to play. We are on piano at the moment first year :-)

Laura said...

Wow!!! Congrats Keira! That's awesome.

Hope you guys are feeling better.