Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, January 7, 2011

6' 3"

That's Alex's estimated height at adulthood.  Wow!  All of my kids are going to be tall!  Way taller than me!

I had come across this child's height predictor a while back.  I did Keira's and Nick's at the time.  I think Keira's estimate was 6' 1" and Nick's was 6' 4".  I wasn't able to do Alex's because the minimum age for this particular calculator is 5.

Well, since he had his 5-year checkup yesterday and I had accurate measurements for his height and weight, I decided to check it out. 

But, the site was bookmarked on the desktop PC.  And when my nephew brought the PC back from the dead a few months back, all of the bookmarks got wiped off.  Ugh!

Thankfully I was able to find it again through a quick internet search.  What did we do before Google?  :)

This would be a really great picture if he didn't have red marker around his nose.  :)

Anyway, it is a fun thing to look into.  Only time will tell how accurate it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was never ever able to get a predicted height on Madi. I always got a note that she was too tall for their predictions, but we are pretty sure she's done growing at 5'9". The three boys: 5'10", 6'1"-6'3" (difference heights at different times) and 5'9". LOL Guess my height, or lack thereof, had some major influence...if the predictor is right.

I remember when I was a kid doing a mathematical equation in 4th grade to predict our heights. Mine said 5'3"-5'4" boy was I ticked when I stopped growing at 5'2".

Jenn said...

Neat! I did my daughter - she's the only one older than 5, and she's gonna be a whopping 5'2!!! Me and the hubs are vertically challenged!! :)