Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Love My Husband

Of course, you probably assumed that.  But let me just tell you this ...


Last evening Doug and I were standing in the kitchen spending a few minutes together before he was off to work his 12-hour midnight shift.  (Ugh!)  We were looking at the calendar which has way more appointments on it than it should.  He just started physical therapy for his hand and is supposed to go 3 days a week.  Not an easy task for him.


Anyway, he asked me if I wanted to go to lunch with him on the 15th since he is scheduled to be off that day.  I said sure, as long as we can fit it into the budget. :)  (See my prior post if you don't understand that statement).  He chuckled and said that he would make his physical therapy appointment for 10:00 and then we could meet for lunch after that.  His appointments have been taking 1 - 1.5 hours each.  There are a few details to work out ... like where we are going to meet ... and who is going to watch Alex while we enjoy lunch together, just the two of us.  But we'll work those out as we get closer.


So I said to him ... "since we're talking about eating out, I guess we probably won't get to go out for our anniversary until January."  [because of his crappy work schedule the next 2 months]  (Our anniversary is November 9).  Well, he flips the calendar to December and points to Friday, December 3.  Written there I see "Mom & Dad evening out" in his handwriting.  So I smile, of course, and ask where.  He said Clifford's and that the reservations have already been made.


How awesome is that?!  


I'm usually the one who makes the reservation and talks to his mom or my mom about babysitting the kids.  He has done it once or twice, but not usually.


But this year it is a done deal.


So I guess my planned night of scrapbooking has been changed to a night out with my hard-working husband who loves me enough to have already made the arrangements.  (Jennifer - if you are reading this, I won't be scrapbooking that night.  Sorry!  Well, not really!  I got a better offer!)


I just love him!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Yay! Love surprises like that!

Anonymous said...

So sweet :) love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Clifford's! That's awesome and so sweet of your hubs to make the plans! :-)