Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, November 18, 2010

Alex Wants to Mop the Kitchen Floor???

Alex has asked me every day for the past few days if he can mop the kitchen floor.  What four-year-old wants to mop a floor?  
He keeps whining, "I never get to do any chores!"  Really!  


So I told him he could clean the windows.  We use microfiber cloths with just water.  No chemicals.  It's a good job for him.  He didn't like that option.  He wanted to mop the kitchen floor.


Then I told him I needed to sweep first, then he could mop. But I was washing dishes at the time, so he would have to wait.  He got angry and went storming up to his room.  Or maybe I sent him up because of his attitude.  I can't really remember now.  :)


I swept the kitchen, along with other rooms.  But then it was supper time.  Then it was Book Fair/Family Reading Night time.  When we got home, he complained again.  So I promised him he could mop tomorrow.


Who has to promise their preschooler that he can mop a floor?  Most parents would promise to go to the zoo.  Or to the playground.  Or to grandma's house.


But not us.  We are a strange bunch.


:)

2 comments:

Laura said...

hahaha. This is awesome!

Anonymous said...

HAHA! He can come to my house! I will let him mop to his heart's content! :)