Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, August 19, 2010

Musclehead

As you know, I spend quite a bit of time at the gym.  Well, not nearly as much as some people, but I'm there almost every weekday morning for an hour or so.  And I've been going for just over 2 years now.


Going that often, I see a lot of the same people every day.  Muscleheads who think they are God's gift, women who look like they live there, and a great deal of average, trying-to-lose-weight kind of people like me.


One of the muscleheads in particular is who I'd like to focus on.  Laura, you know who I'm talking about.  :)


This particular man is at the gym daily.  Lifting weights and being annoying.


He sweats all over the weight machines and never wipes them off.  It is disgusting.  


This morning I was lifting weights (I always use the machines, not the free weights), and I had to skip over a couple stations because his gross sweat was all over them.  He sits down, does a set or two of whatever, drips all over the machines, stands up and walks away to lift more weights on the other side of the wall.


Eeeeeeeuuuuuuwwwww!  It is completely disgusting!


There's a sign that politely asks you to wipe down the machines when you are done using them posted very clearly on the wall.  Maybe he can't read?


Yesterday he was being particularly annoying.  I was running on the treadmill (about 4th from the left) and he kept walking up and down the aisle in front of the treadmills to talk to a guy who was riding a stationary bike.  Now, he could have just walked in from the other side because the guy was at the first bike on the right.  But, noooooo, he had to keep walking in front of me, annoying the crap out of me.


I don't actually look AT him, but I can see him because he is everywhere.  And he's big.  Not tall.  But muscular.  I guess from all that weight lifting.  :)


He was reminding me of a peacock.  Strutting his stuff in front of the peahens trying to get their attention.  Being loud and obnoxious.  Making lots of noise.


Ugh!


I don't know why he, in particular, bothers me so much.  Except, of course, for the sweaty weight machines.


But he does.


Now you know.


:)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Haha! I totally understand! I would think a worker would notice & say something? I once wrote on my weightloss blog that this sweaty man was running on the treadmill next to me & his sweat was spraying me! SOOOO GROSS!!! He does wipe the machines though. :) But still! How gross is that!? He should have a towel with him! i see him all the time now. He's not arrogant or loud, but he STINKS & he grunts while he runs & he sprays sweat on you & your machine. NASTY.

Yesterday i had another rude encounter. I was on the elliptical & this guy was about 4 feet behind me on the arc trainers. He was talking to this woman ont he one next to him & he was talking SO LOUD. I doubt if he realized it. He'd talk & you could hear him word for word. Then she'd reply in a normal tone & you had no clue what she said. I kept tuning him out & then all of a sudden i'd notice him again. Kept looking it him. COULD YA SHUSH!? LOL!

Anyway - i feel your pain! Sorry about the rude guy! ANNOYING!

Laura said...

Ewww! He is so gross. It makes me gag.

I always see him shopping at walmart with his family and he always has "gym clothes" on. Weird.