Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Moraine State Park

Last week our church's youth and children's groups got together had a fun day at Moraine State Park.  We went along and had a great time.  We ate lunch together then the kids spent the rest of the afternoon playing in the lake.  I was in the water a little while, then sat on the "beach" with a few other moms watching the kids having fun.  And taking pictures, of course.  :)


Alex walking on his hands.


My sweet girl.


This is the face Nick gives me when I want to take his picture!


We saw lots of seagulls.


And a couple sailboats.




Keira and Nick took turns with the net.  Finding seashells and water plants and lots and lots of stones.


Alex did a pretty good job swimming.  Especially since I forgot his bubble (floatation device) at home.


We left for home around 4:30 since I was becoming a little too crispy after 4 1/2 hours in the sun.  I had #50 SPF sunblock on (applied twice!) and sat under my newly purchased beach umbrella all afternoon.  But I guess the reflection off the water still got me.


We plan to get back to Moraine at least one more time before summer ends.  I need to justify buying that beach umbrella.  :)

2 comments:

kathryn said...

Looks like a lovely day. You're not the first person to tell me they were 'frying' just from reflection. My sister used SPF100 and still got color!

What am I missing on that 'sailboat' photo? Did you Photoshop it out??

Unknown said...

Thanks, Kathryn! I've never seen SPF 100! I'll have to look for it! :)

I'm not sure what you are asking. I only took a photo of one sailboat even though we saw a couple.