Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fireworks!

We missed out on fireworks on July 4th this year, so when I heard that the local baseball park was having them after last Friday night's game, we packed up the van and went to watch them.  The kids loved them!  It was a beautiful night.  A chill in the air felt wonderful since it has been so hot this summer.  We took sweaters and blankets to snuggle up in.


And my friend, Laura, surprised us and came by to watch them with us.  She showed me how to set my camera correctly in order to get good photos.  (Thanks, Laura!)  


I started out using my tripod, but quickly discarded it since it was hard to maneuver to keep up with the moving fireworks.  I ended up just using my elbows as a makeshift tripod.  


Here are a few pictures of the display ...


Happy Belated Independence Day Everyone!  :)

1 comment:

kathryn said...

This bottom one is my absolute favorite! EXCELLENT shots. I am obsessed with fireworks...will watch 'em as often as possible.

PS: I figured out why I haven't been seeing all of your photos: I had the screen only halfway filling my monitor. Now I know!