Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Trying not to watch

There was just a wreck outside my house.  Up the road a little bit, but I can see it from my living room window.  The police, fire department, and ambulance are all here managing the situation.  God bless them for the jobs they do! 

A little while ago I heard what I thought was a muffler backfiring or a car sputtering out of gas.  Honey, my ever watchful guard dog, started growling at the sound.  I told her to chill and glanced out the window to see if I could place the noise.  When I noticed mail all over the road and smoke/steam coming from my neighbor's yard.  The vehicle is on its side, passender side down.  It looks like they hit the neighbors' mailboxes (again! this happens way too often!), ran up the little embankment and landed on their side.

If only those walnut trees were not in the way.

See the vehicle on its side?  And the mail scattered?  Like my artwork?  Yeah, I need to work on that.  But this was a quickie job.

But standing in my window watching all this going on, wanting to NOT be watching it, but unable to look away ... reminded me of yesterday at the gym.  I know ... you're thinking huh?  But stay with me, will ya?

I was running on the treadmill and they have TV's all over the place.  I listen to my iPod and don't usually pay much attention to what's on the TV's.  But on the TV directly in front of me was a "reality" cop show.  I believe it was called Reno 911.  At least that's what flashed on the screen at one point.

Now if you know me, you know I hate "reality" shows.  They're not reality at all.  And they annoy the crap out of me.

Anyway, I'm watching the show ... wishing I wasn't watching the show because it was the stupidest show ever ... trying really hard NOT to watch the show ... thinking it was like a car wreck.  You don't really want to look but somehow you can't help yourself.  It is human nature, perhaps?

This particular show had police officers as prison guards and I'm guessing that they are supposed to be acting naturally.  Not working.  This women guard is standing there, hands on hips, trying her best (or perhaps not her best) to ignore this inmate who is talking to her from behind bars.  Now I can't hear what they are saying, mind you, since I'm listening to my iPod and not the stupid show, but you could tell that they were definitely trying not to act.  Or perhaps they were trying to act and just doing a really bad job of it.

Either way, I was really glad when my run was over and I could get away from that awful show.  Maybe that's why I cut my run short yesterday.  :)

Now you're saying, "Ah!  I see where she was going with that!"

Sometimes I do have a point.

Or not.  :)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I hate reality shows as well! They are so fake!! Pretty far from reality!

Together We Save said...

I hate reality TV too! Very fake!!

kathryn said...

Wow. Excellent job pointing out the mayhem on that 2nd photo, sweetie...especially since I kept staring at the first photo and saying, "What's wrong with me? I can't see the car on it's side!"
Then I scrolled down.
Yeah, I don't watch those shows either. 'specially when you realize there's a camera crew and a director right out of range....duh. "Reality", my arse!