Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, April 11, 2010

Call me crazy

Nick wanted to have another "kid" party this year for his birthday.  We just had one last year - a swim party at the Y - and I refuse to have one every year.  It just gets too expensive.  I prefer low key.  But this year I told him he could have 4 friends over to play the Saturday before his birthday.  (His actual birthday is on Tuesday).  We had his family birthday party last Saturday. So this would be party #2, except we weren't (I wasn't) really calling it a party.

One of his friends was unable to come, so it was Nick with three other 7-year-old boys, Alex, and Keira.  Six kids, one adult.  What was I thinking?!

It went pretty well, except when the parents came to pick the boys up.  No one wanted to leave.  I guess that's a good sign that they had a good time.  I managed to snap a few pics while they were here ... even though they were very busy, moving from one thing to another quite quickly.  None of the pics are great because boys apparently don't like to have their pictures taken.  :)

Nick and his "best bud" Clayton playing with remote control cars.

Nick patiently waiting to open his gifts.  I actually told all the moms that gifts were optional - we just wanted to have the boys over to play a while - but they all got him something anyway.

Clayton showing Nick the Playstation 2 games he got him.  Unfortunately we don't have a PS2.  :)  Clay's mom and I laughed about that when she came to pick him up.  She took the games back and said she'd pick Nick something else up.  Apparently Clay told his mom that we had a PS2 game.  It truly is the thought that counts.  :)


Keira being a dork.  I bought these Star Wars rings to put on the cupcakes.

Nick enjoying his cupcake with his friends.  Look at the joy on his face!  (not to mention the chocolate icing)  :)

The whole crew showing off their Star Wars rings. 
Alex is mad because he didn't have his on.

Everyone had fun, no one got hurt, and I survived all those kids here at once. 
It was a good day, indeed.  :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute pics! Kiera's eyes are beautiful!
Is that your dog?? I love him/her! :)

Laura said...

Oh my gosh! That last pic is hilarious! The boys being boys looking like they are going to beat each other. Alex being all ticked off. Keira being cool. And even the dog is posing! Love it!