Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bits & Pieces

I'm so excited!  This is the first post from my brand spankin' new laptop!

After several hours of frustration and 40 minutes on the phone with my ISP, I'm finally able to get on the internet on my laptop!

Right now I'm sitting on my couch with my feet propped up, laptop on my lap, enjoying the comfort of being able to blog without being stuck in my office chair.  :)

I don't really have anything to blog about other than my new laptop, and that's probably getting pretty boring to you, so ...

Remember when I told you the customer support at my ISP told me yesterday that I could stop in and get an ethernet cable for free?  Well, I stopped in this morning to take back our PVR box (finally!) and asked for a cable.  She very reluctantly gave me one while telling me that they don't give them out except to those using their routers.  But since the CS girl told me I could get one, she went ahead and gave me one.

Now we've had this company as our cable, internet, and phone provider for many years.  Cable for as long as we've lived here (12 1/2), and phone and internet for probably 5 years.  I think we've given them plenty of cash that it wouldn't kill them to give us a $10 cable for free.  I'm just sayin'.

Nicholas and I were playing on the new laptop this evening, which made Keira mad.  Actually we were doing his reading homework on Starfall.  Once we were done he was playing a couple videos ... only for a few minutes, but apparently enough to set Keira off.   She got over it pretty quickly when we watched the trailer for the new Toy Story 3 movie.  I think seeing my laptop has given her some incentive to work harder to get hers.  I can only hope.


I had to go up to the school's administration building today to have my license scanned so that I can chaperone Nick's field trip this Friday.  Apparently it is their way of looking for criminals.  What is this world coming to?  It is a shame that we have to do things like this these days.


I shopped and helped out at the consignment sale I wrote about yesterday.  Wow!  It was crazy busy for a while there this morning!  But I got some great deals for not a lot of money.  Nick and Alex are set for summer.  Unfortunately there wasn't much to choose from in Keira's size.  She's excited though because that means we get to go shopping together.  That would be great if I liked to shop, but I really don't.  Especially with her.  She takes forever to try stuff on and she needs to look at everything!  Do I sound like a man?  :)


Couch to 5K - I was supposed to run 3 miles for the first time on Monday, but I was only able to do 2 miles.  My brain was too busy going over my busy list of things to do and I just wasn't focused on running.  Not that 2 miles is bad or anything.  :)  So I will try again tomorrow.  I know I just ran 2.75 miles 3 times last week, but that extra 1/4 mile seems so much longer!


Well that's it for me.  Happy Tuesday y'all!

No comments: