Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, March 28, 2010

I told you so ...

My kids have been invited to participate in a church group called COGZ (Children of God's Zone) on the last Sunday of each month for a while now.  At a church not our own.  They attended vacation Bible school there last summer and really enjoyed it, so I figured they'd like COGZ too.  I've been trying to get them to go because I knew they would enjoy it.  Alex usually wants to; Nick does not.  Keira goes to pre-teen hang out at our church on the last Sunday of the month, so she can't go to the other church.  (Yes, she's a pre-teen!  Yikes!  How did that happen?!)

Anyway, being the sometimes selfish mom that I am - wanting a little "me" time, and the fact that Doug is on midnight shift this week and needs to try to sleep whenever he can and it is easier when they aren't here making all their noise, I told Nick that he had to at least try going to COGZ.  He fussed at me a little but he quickly realized he was losing this battle. 


Alex was excited to go, which surprised me.  Their roles were reversed for this one.  Alex is usually clingy, wanting to stay with mommy, while Nick is like hey, yeah, let's go! 

So I took them.  It is only for 2 hours.  I told Nick if he didn't like it, he didn't need to go back.  Ever.  He hesitantly agreed.

After I dropped them off, I went to Panera, ordered a hot chocolate and a cinnamon crunch bagel (so much for the healthy eating!), and sat down by the unlit fireplace :( and read my book.  All by myself.  For almost 2 hours!  (I figured if I went back home, I'd just do something un-fun like dishes or laundry.)

It was wonderful except for the few minutes when the guy near me with his laptop was making phone calls.  Apparently his credit card company charged him some fees that he wasn't happy with and he decided on Sunday afternoon at Panera to call them up to argue the fact.   Who does that?!  Isn't that something you'd rather do in the privacy of your own home?  Or at least in your car?  (I wasn't trying to hear what he was saying, by the way.  He was only 3 feet from me and talking pretty loud.)

Anyway, when I went back to the church to pick the boys up, Nicholas was all smiles and said he had a great time and can't wait to go back next month.  Hmmmm.  How about that.

I'm not one to say I told you so, but ...

:)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Great depth of field on that pic!