Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Saturday, February 13, 2010

February Funk

February - the shortest month of the year according to the calendar. The longest month of the year according to me.

Seriously, February seems as if it drags on forever!

And as in years past, I find myself in a funk. A February Funk.

A grumpyness. A fowl mood. An almost constant bad attitude.

And I don't think I'm alone. Several of my blogging friends and real-life friends seem to be in a funk too.

I can't really explain it. Things irritate me this month that wouldn't normally bother me (ex: read my Freecycle post from yesterday). People get on my nerves easier (ie. my kids!).

Back when I used to work (outside the home) I used to dread February. Dealing with coworkers! Ugh! If I had enough vacation, I would have taken the whole month off just so I wouldn't have to put up with them.

But, alas, I don't work (outside the home) anymore. That doesn't eliminate the February Funk though.

If not for the fact that February contains a couple birthdays of people that I love (my mom - the 12th; my nephew - the 28th), I would like to skip the whole month altogether.

Jump right into March. And springtime!

Not that spring actually comes in March ... more like April here in lovely Pennsylvania.

But I would much prefer March Madness than February Funk.

And I don't even like basketball!

:-)

No comments: