Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, January 15, 2010

Mama M.'s Five Question Friday

This is my first time participating if 5QF. I just thought it would be fun! Hook up and play along at Mama M's.

1. Worst trouble you ever got into as a teenager?
Well, I don’t remember much of my teenage years if that gives you any indication. :) Actually, I prefer to block out those years because I’m a totally new person now. New in Christ thanks to His mercy and grace.

Having said that, I didn’t get in much trouble – per se. Because my mom was a bartender and as long as I got in before she did (3 a.m.), everything was cool.

I used to attend beer parties with my friends even though I didn’t drink beer (or much alcohol at all). But one particular night the State Police decided to invite themselves to our party out in the woods. I didn’t get in trouble with them since I wasn’t drinking, but everyone else had to go home and tell their parents what they were doing and the police followed up with phone calls to the parents on Monday. My older brother was among one of the ones who was drinking, but I don’t remember what my parents did as far as punishment went.

2. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Night definitely. I often stay up waaaaaaay too late and often regret it the next morning when my early risers are up making just a little too much noise for me.

3. Are you a one-handed or a two-handed Texter?
I don’t text. Seriously. I have a TracFone for emergencies only. Haven’t the need or the desire to pay an astronomical amount to have a cell phone. I can text on my TracFone but I don’t.

4. Democrat, Republican, or Independent..or maybe even Green Party (whatever that is).
Registered Republican – definitely conservative.

5. Are you a pet person?
Yep! I love animals. We have the sweetest 1-year-old Golden Retriever named Honey. And, yes, she does most of those disgusting dog things, but she’s still great! And since she’s a Golden, I’m constantly picking dog hairs off of my clothes, but I still wouldn’t trade her for anything.

So there are a few things about me you probably didn't know. Or maybe you didn't want to know. :) No matter.

Don't forget to head on over to Mama M's and play along!

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I was SUCH a goody-two-shoes in high school, but I still managed to find myself grounded nearly every weekend. I don't think my parents trusted me a whole lot, funny thing is, I wouldn't have done anything wrong. I often wondered why I even bothered, but then I remembered I was the one who had to live with anything I did wrong and I didn't want to do that.

Unknown said...

Sheri - I think since I was the baby of 5, my parents were way more lenient with me. Or maybe they were just tired. :) I don't remember getting grounded much. But if I could go back and do my teenage years all over again, I would definitely do them differently.