Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Weekly Summary ~ 5/31/15 - 6/6/15

Hey look!  It's Tuesday night and I'm just now getting around to posting my weekly pics.  {sigh}

Thursday is the last day of school.  Then we're gearing up for VBS.  Then hopefully things will slow down a little.  Although then photo sessions will be picking up.  Oh well.  In the meantime, here are last week's photos from the 365 Photo challenge on Facebook.

{May 31:  Iconic}
May 31:  Iconic
Digging into the archives for today's shot as I haven't shot anything "iconic" lately. And this week was way too busy to go searching.
Anyway, the American bald eagle is certainly an iconic symbol. It was officially adopted as our national emblem in 1787 because of its association with authority and statehood. (Yes, I looked that up).  :)  This particular photo was taken in June 2014 in a zoo in Virginia.
This photo got chosen as one of the Top Shots for the day! WOOT! Two days in a row!

{June 1:  This is where ... }
June 1:  This is where ...
This is where I embarrassed my daughter because I pulled over to photograph these flowers I have been admiring. They are in the front of our local VA hospital. She waited in the car.  :)

{June 2:  Leading Lines}
June 2: Leading lines
Nothing much to say about this except that I need to take more leading lines photos. It is a concept I don't practice often.  :/

{June 3:  Generations}
June 3:  Generations
For the 2nd time that I am aware of there are two generations of gorillas at our zoo. The first baby that was born a few years ago unfortunately passed away. But this little one looks to be very healthy and happy.

{June 4:  Barrier}
June 4:  Barrier
While I am glad that there is a glass barrier between us and the polar bears, Kobe probably wishes there wasn't so she could get my backpack.   :)
Sharon and I met up at the zoo again yesterday. This time we didn't stay with the polar bears the WHOLE time; we did actually walk around. And we discovered that our zoo actually has other animals there! It was the craziest thing!   :)

{June 5:  Evolution}
June 5:  Evolution
Many believe in the theory of evolution - that humans evolved from apes. I believe that we were made by our Creator, God, in His image. I do like to visit the apes at the zoo though. They are interesting animals.  (From Wednesday's zoo trip.)
This photo was chosen as one of the Top Shots for the day!  WOOT!

{June 6:  Bucket Listed}
June 6:  Bucket Listed
Today's prompt was a tricky one - without going into the archives for an old photo and with no plans to travel to any of the places on my bucket list today.  :)
But I did get to see something I haven't seen before. One of my Black Swallowtail caterpillars happened to be shedding its skin as I walked past. I have seen Monarchs shed their skin as they form their chrysalis many times, and I've seen caterpillars AFTER they have shed their skin, but never before have I watched one wiggle out of its skin. It was really cool! Now the only other things on my butterfly bucket list is photographing them mating and a female laying her eggs. I think. There may be more cool things that I just don't know about.   :)

Linking with Tamar:


I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet as it is late and I need to get to bed.  :)
Sunday we had our Bible Quizzing fundraising dinner after church.  The kids did a pretty good job helping, although I think the parents did most of the work.  I have no idea how much we raised, but I'm sure it is enough to get the kids to Boston and back.
If I didn't have to be somewhere this week, I spent time in the garden weeding.  When we first decided that my garden would be my butterfly garden, I thought it wasn't very big.  And then I started weeding it.  Now I think it is huge and overwhelming.  :)  But I'm making good progress.  A little at a time.
Tuesday we had a VBS meeting to discuss plans.  It is all starting to come together!
Keira had her dental cleaning in the afternoon.  Everything looked great.
Wednesday Nick had his field trip.  Tuesday night my friend Sharon asked me if I wanted to meet her at the zoo on Wednesday.  I didn't have any other plans (except weeding) so I said yes.  We had another great day as you can see from the above photos.  One of these days I'll post more from our visits.
On Thursday I went with my friend Sam to an art boutique to see if they would sell some of her paintings.  She does gorgeous watercolor paintings.  The lady was excited about having them there.  When Sam got to my house in the morning, she told me that I should bring some photos to see if they wanted to sell them also.  I wasn't at all prepared so I grabbed a bunch of 8x10s and sorted through them in the car on the way there.  I showed them to the owner and she loved them.  I have to get them ready for display and take them down.  I'm excited to have some photos on display in an actual shop!  Here's hoping they sell!
We also shopped at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods while we were in the area.  That was actually why I was going along in the first place.  I had never been to either place and wanted to check them out.  I bought some things at Trader Joe's, but Whole Foods is quite expensive, so we just ate lunch there.  Lunch was expensive too.  :)
Thursday afternoon the boys and I went to a local greenhouse to buy some more dill for my hungry caterpillars.  One of my potted plants isn't doing so well, so I wanted to move the caterpillars off of it and get it outside in the sunlight.  The greenhouse was really cool and the folks there were super nice.  The owner's mom helps out and we talked for a while.  I gave her a quick lesson on raising Monarchs.  :)  I also bought a Monarch picture that they had in their little gift shop.
Nick was finally done being on restriction on Saturday.  He was so excited.  He couldn't wait to start breaking the rules again.  :)
Saturday morning we had our Christian Women's Artistic Connection gathering.  Kim showed us how to make altered dominoes.  They are like little pieces of art.  Very cool!  It was a fun time, as always.  Next month I'm teaching the ladies (and maybe some kids) about Monarchs and other butterflies.

That's it for me!  I'm heading to bed.  Tomorrow is another busy day!
Have a great week!

1 comment:

Tamar SB said...

Happy end of school! I would totally pull the car over for the allium too!
Have a great week!