Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday Surprise!

If you've been around for a while, you know that I won a local photo contest back in October.  My winning photo made the front cover of our local visitor's guide.
October 7/Landscape
I was super excited!  I got a check for $50 and they sent me a copy of the visitor's guide in the mail before anyone else could get one.

Well, I was on their website last week and decided to go ahead and enter a couple more photos.  Each month has a theme and while I wasn't sure this really fit the idea of March's Scenic and Serene theme, I uploaded it anyway.
Sunset silhouette
Last month I stepped out onto my porch to photograph the gorgeous sunset we were having that evening to find that the deer had stopped by for a visit.  They spooked a little when I came out, but I stood very still for a few minutes and they settled down.  And I was able to capture this photo.

This morning I got an email saying that I won March's photo contest!  WOOT!  Another 50 bucks and a spot in next year's visitor's guide!  I'm so glad I decided to enter.

Happy Wednesday!



      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}  WW_KW

12 comments:

Holly said...

Congratulations! Those pictures are soooo beautiful and definitely worthy of the win. And there is nothing better than validation, is there (besides a little cash)! So happy for you!

Melissa said...

That is fantastic, Kim! Great job! Congrats! :)

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

WOOT! Congratulations. It's well deserved.

Susan said...

I can see why you won. These are fantastic shots. Simply amazing...

Lisa said...

These are great captures! And how exciting that you were chosen twice. Congrats.

Balaphoto said...

Excellent pictures!! Good job!!

Salut from Barcelona

Francesc

Skye said...

That is so awesome to be recognized like that! Congrats and I do love that Lake shot!

Valvaren said...

Wow Those are amazing photos, you really captures the beauty of where you live! It reminds me of home, amazing job! The sunset photo is just breathtaking such a calm yet exciting moment caught!

Gina Kleinworth said...

That is so exciting!! You should frame it- definitely something to brag about. It's a fantastic shot!

Michelle said...

Congrats, Kimberly!!!

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome surprise. Congrats.

Teachinfourth said...

Congrats, you photog, you!