Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Photo of the Day: September 27

September 27
ISO 800, f/5.6, 1/20s, 18-105mm lens on Nikon D40
It is usually a struggle to get Nick to read his recommended 10 minutes per day.  He always has other things he'd rather be doing.  But today, even after he was done reading his 10 minutes, he continued to read for another 10 minutes or so.  He said he wanted to finish this great Star Wars book.  So the secret to making your kids a reader?  Provide them with books that interest them.  So simple.

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

Amen to that!! We have days that my lil' guy won't put his book down. I think part of it is that he is learning he can escape his sister in a book! Hehe! =P Great shot. I might have to copy it one of these days... but with my kids.

Misty said...

I was a total book worm when I was a kid. Wish I still was.

karren said...

The picture is great and your words are true!

Teachinfourth said...

I love this image...of course, kids who read are amazing.

Kristin said...

Amen to that! Fortunately my 7 year old daughter enjoys reading anything right now, and I love watching her learning and getting better and better every week. This is a great way to capture this time in their life and you've inspired me to try a shot like this.